Ethical Guidelines of the American Tarot Association:
- I will serve the best interests of my clients, conducting my professional activities without causing or intending to cause harm.
- I will treat all my clients with equal respect, regardless of their origin, race, religion, gender, age, or sexual preference.
- I will represent honestly my Tarot qualifications, including educational credentials, levels of certification and experience.
- I will keep confidential the names of clients and all information shared or discussed during readings, unless otherwise requested by the client or required by a court of law.
- I will recommend clients consult a licensed professional for advice of a legal, financial, medical, or psychological nature that I am not qualified to provide. If trained in one of these areas, I will clearly differentiate between the tarot reading and any professional advice additionally provided.
- I will discuss and agree upon all fees (if any) with my clients in advance. Should a client wish to proceed beyond the originally agreed arrangement, all additional fees (if any) will be discussed and agreed upon by both parties before proceeding.
- I will respect my clients’ right to refuse or terminate their reading at any time, regardless of prior consent.
- I recognize that all ATA members have the same rights and obligations, and I will always respect and honor my co-members.